* First reported by the Columbus blog, Donewaiting, and later confirmed by Billboard and Pitchfork, the Black Keys’ hip hop project, Blacroc, featuring contributions from Mos Def, RZA, Raekwon, Q-Tip, Ludacris, Pharoahe Monch, M.O.P.’s Billy Danze, Jones, and Ol’ Dirty Bastard (RIP), will be releasing a new album on November 27th. You can hear a preview track, “Ain’t Nothing Like You,” featuring Mos Def and Jim Jones on vocals, now at Pitchfork.
* A very, very special in-store performance will be taking place tomorrow evening at Blue Arrow Records in Collinwood when Greg Ginn of the legendary Black Flag, stops by the store for a 7 PM performance prior to his gig at the Beachland Tavern with his band, The Taylor Texas Coagulators. Be forewarned, however, Ginn has expressed he won’t be discussing his SST and Black Flag days during the meet and greet portion of the event. He is fully focused on the future.
* Cleveland DJ, Mick Boogie, has remixed Peter, Bjorn and John’s latest album, Living Things into, get ready for it…Re-Living Things. The mix is available for free download via Mick Boogie’s site or you can try before you “buy” by watching the video for Jazzy Jeff’s “Stay This Way” remix, here.
* Born Again Revisited, the latest lo-fi opus by Columbus’ Times New Viking, is now streaming in its entirety at the Matador Records website.
* Nothing to do with the Cleveland rock scene, or the larger Ohio rock scene, but everything with rad, the Japanese rock machine, Boris, will be releasing a 7″ series on Southern Lord records this fall.
* Lastly, while I’ve got too much pride to beg for votes, I just wanted to put this out there. How cool would it be for I Rock Cleveland to win a Best of Cleveland award two year’s in a row? Really, cool, right? Voting is now underway for the Best of Cleveland 2009, and while there’s no Best Local Music Blog category, this year, there is a Best Local Blog category…