By now, we should all be used to Fat Possum Records eating up as many buzz bands as they can. The days of the label being home to The Black Keys and a bunch of old blues men are long gone. Still, the news that Olympia longhairs Milk Music signed to Fat Possum seemed a bit odd. For even though Milk Music played the Pitchfork Music Festival last year, I never got the impression they were much loved outside of the rock record nerd crowd. Certainly, they weren’t big enough for a move like this one. Right? Rock is dead. Right? Oh, but they sure can rip, in a Mudhoney and motor bikes kind of way. Check lead single, “I’ve Got a Wild Feeling,” from their new LP, Cruise Your Illusion (Apr 2nd), below.
Recently on I Rock Cleveland
- A Jam Packed Wednesday with Jack White, Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires, Mordecai, Unholy Two, White Lung and Verma
- Top Jam: “She’s On It/Jack the Ripper” by The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
- Your Guide to Surviving (and Enjoying) Record Store Day in Cleveland
- A Jam Packed Wednesday With The Black Keys, Obnox, and OBN IIIs
- Live Rock Action: The War on Drugs @ Grog Shop Cleveland Hts.
I Rock Cleveland on Facebook
I Rock Cleveland on Twitter
A Big Mess of Tags
Announcements awesomeness beachland black keys cleveland cleveland rockers cloud nothings columbus rockers concert concert calendar electronic Events experimental folksy garage grog shop guided by voices happy dog heavy instrumental jams live lo-fi most excellent News new wave noise now thats class pop post-punk power pop preview psych punk rad review ROCK rockometer rock photography shoegaze streams Times New Viking top jams uncle bob vids