“My God Is the Sun” may not provide us with any breaking insight into the mind of Josh Homme and his Queens of the Stone Age, but six years on from their last release (2007′s Era Vulgaris) it is refreshing to have this hard-charging front man and band back. Granted, your idea of refreshing has to be of the relentless kind. And, a love of speedy, blues guitar helps, too. Yeah, your refresher probably needs some pummel in there, while we’re at it. The rhythm section on “My God is the Sun,” is particularly on point, on this, the first single from Like Clockwork (6/4 on Matador Records). Perhaps, refreshing wasn’t the word I was looking for at all. Something more like fierce would work.
Recently on I Rock Cleveland
- A Jam Packed Wednesday with Jack White, Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires, Mordecai, Unholy Two, White Lung and Verma
- Top Jam: “She’s On It/Jack the Ripper” by The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
- Your Guide to Surviving (and Enjoying) Record Store Day in Cleveland
- A Jam Packed Wednesday With The Black Keys, Obnox, and OBN IIIs
- Live Rock Action: The War on Drugs @ Grog Shop Cleveland Hts.
I Rock Cleveland on Facebook
I Rock Cleveland on Twitter
A Big Mess of Tags
Announcements awesomeness beachland black keys cleveland cleveland rockers cloud nothings columbus rockers concert concert calendar electronic Events experimental folksy garage grog shop guided by voices happy dog heavy instrumental jams live lo-fi most excellent News new wave noise now thats class pop post-punk power pop preview psych punk rad review ROCK rockometer rock photography shoegaze streams Times New Viking top jams uncle bob vids